Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lets Try This......

Ok- Well since it seems that I can't keep up with posting a blog updating on my life or my kids I figure I will try something different. I know how hard it is to find some good recipes that everyone might like- so I thought that with new recipes I find and try out on my family aka the guinea pigs- I would share with all of you.(The few that actually do look at my blog)

OK so first the update on the family- We are all doing great right now. Summer went by way too fast for me and I can't believe that school has actually started again. Chase is 7 years old and in the second grade. He loves his teacher, but not so thrilled at the amount of homework that 2nd graders are bringing home. Kori is 6 years old and in the 1st grade now. She LOVES school, teacher, homework, and everything that has to do with school. She was soooo beyond ready to go back and didn't even want me to take her to her class. Just told me, "Mom, you can just drop me off." sniff sniff. Reef is 3 years old and let me tell you he is a handful. He needs to be in school all day every day. I don't think I was quite prepared for the handful that he is. He makes Kori look like a very calm, obedient child. lol Clint still works at the car dealership as the financial director. And last but not least I am still at home with Reef and enjoying every minute(well not every minute) And that is basically it- really we are very boring people and lead very boring normal lives which I am fine with. Ok now on to a couple of recipes.

If I can try to get pictures in here of what it looks like I will- but right now its just the recipe:

First one I found in a recipe book at my aunts house when we took the kids to Houston to go to NASA, the Health Museum, and the Museum of Natural Science. (Highly recommend these places to any and everyone even with kids. We all enjoyed this trip.) Anyways so I borrowed(stole) this book from my aunt and have fallen in love with the tons of recipes that i have written down to try. I promise that I will return the book to her.....one day.

Cheesy Chicken Breasts

6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8-10 green onions, chopped (I don't like anything green, but I put these on anyways and even ate them)
2/3 Cup evaporated milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. pepper
Flour to dredge
1 stick of butter

Melt butter in the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish. Dip chicken breasts in flour and place in the baking dish. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 425 degrees. Turn chicken breasts over and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer. Remove dish and pour off excess grease. Sprinkle chopped green onions over chicken breasts. Mix evaporated milk, soup, cheese, salt, and pepper; pour over chicken and onions. Cover with foil and bake 15 to 20 minutes at 325 degrees. (When I put it on the plates to serve I top with more cheese just because I like cheese.)

This has become our new once a week dinner, and the kids eat every last bite of this and ask for more. Huge success!!!!!! Tonight I am trying another new recipe called Smoked Paprika Pork. I will let you know how it turns out.

No comments: